Everything you need to know about the GRE
The GRE, Graduate Record Exam, is necessary for most graduate programs in psychology. This is the link for the ETS website: http://www.ets.org/gre. This is the official GRE website. USE IT.
What is the GRE? What score do you need for graduate school in psychology?
Other Tips & Techniques:
- RELAX! If you stress too much, you’re only going to make things worse for yourself. Try to just relax. Schedule the test long before your application deadlines so you have time to take it again if necessary.
- The Pomodoro method: (Time management technique for studying.) Set the Pomodoro (timer) to 25 min. Study until the time is up then take a 5 min. break. Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break. For more info on the Pomodoro technique click here.
- POE (process of elimination)
- Plugging in
- Skip the difficult/ time consuming questions & come back to them later. Answer all the easy ones first since all questions are worth the same value and order doesn't matter!
- Approximation/ estimation
- Learn common traps/ distractors that ETS likes to use to trick you!